Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Release Party - Geek Moment

Bad blogger.  I know.  Hell to Pay had it's release party a couple weeks ago and it was a walk down memory lane.  Lots of friends, a couple family, work buddies, and me.

I had a geek moment.  A friend of mine is well read in Fantasy and Sci-Fi.  He wanted me to sign his Kindle.  I thought, this is cool.  Then there on  the back of the silver beast was a name that made me stop.  Jim Butcher.  Jim writes novels like "The Dresden Files" and "Codex Alera" in the urban fantasy and sword and sorcery realms.  I'm a huge fan and got to sign my name on the same Kindle.  Some people are saying so what, but for me, it was a moment.
I gave the man some space.  Don't know why, but I did.  I still have a long way to go.  I know there are now electronic signatures to the Kindle, but like tattoos, there is something special about the ink.

1 comment: